Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lack of Thoughts in my Head

I've realized with concern that it has been more than a month since my last post, and the reason is very simple: I feel as though someone has put the end of a vacuum cleaner or something like that in my ear and just sucked all the thoughts out of my head.

I'm serious. It's like, I start to think about something that I think might be kind of funny or whatever, and then I'm like - nah, who would care about that? And then I just don't have any more thoughts for a while, and then I start to have one, but the same thing happens.

And then I see a movie and I have this conversation with myself in my head where I'm like:
Oh, I could blog about that, what did I think about it?
Well, I guess it was ok.
Great, and what else?
Um, that part, like, with the thing... that was cool.
Yeah don't blog about that. You sound like a dumbass.

When I was a student and had all this time on my hands, this was never a problem. I just sat round thinking thoughts all the live long day, and they were complete thoughts, too, and whatever all of you might have thought, I at the very least was convinced that all of them were brilliant. But now that I'm not a student and I have this quasi-grown up life, it's like I've become this self-doubting spaz who's run out of thoughts!

What gives?? Has this happened to anyone else????
Comments
2 Comments

2 comments :

  1. It happens once in a while, but I usually find something to talk about eventually, even if it isn't all that interesting. Sometimes posts about nothing in particular can turn out to be quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens to me! Any change in my schedule, either from one job to another or from a job to no job seems to leave me realing and without words. I basically just try to force myself to write something. Anything. I trust that even if I'm not feeling fully funny, there are people out there who think I am, and I try not to wonder if that makes them crazy. Every time I have one of those random, weird thoughts I jot it down right away because I know the evil thought sucking vaccuum might be coming around the corner. And lastly, I know that it's temporary. You can't have no thoughts forever, y'know? Oh, wait, really really lastly, I eat chocolate. Yes.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete