Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wedding Invitations

I told you here that I have a recurring fantasy about being interviewed on CBC Radio, and then I posted the whole imagined interview for you here. Since I had a major attack of egomania over how funny at least a few of you said you thought that was, I gave myself a little challenge to come up with something that was at least like three times more embarrassing than imagining myself being interviewed. So I very sincerely hope you will be tickled to hear that I often also fantasize about how, when the future time comes, my wedding decor will look. Yeah I know, nobody does that. And nobody watches those stupidass wedding-planning shows on TLC. Especially not me.

Anyway, since I'm a hipster-in-denial I was thinking something suitably hipster-in-denial-ish like comic books would be cool to have around and sort of use as a motif, like all stuck together to make tablecloths or something. And then the invitations would be in comic book style, and the thank you cards, and there could be fake flowers in vases on the table made out of like felt and buttons or something that I would order from etsy.com, because I'm hipster-in-denial like that. To date I've actually never either bought anything from etsy.com nor read a comic book, but that's because I'm saving myself if you'll excuse the pun.

I'd say I've spent a lot of time over the course of my life thinking about this. In fact, my entire undergraduate experience was pretty much  spent alternating between imagining my napkin colours and wondering why in the hell nobody wanted to date me.
Comments
2 Comments

2 comments :

  1. I assume you will be wearing bangs and chucks (yay, white dress and chucks - sooooo non-conformist!!) for the wedding? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that Vera Wang's new wedding dress collection is in black?

    ReplyDelete