Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Buena Vista Social Club

I know this is ridiculously old news, but if you haven't seen The Buena Vista Social Club, you should. It goes on a little long and it never really gets 'round to telling you what the Buena Vista Social Club actually is (a club in Cuba where musicians used to play together? I didn't Wikipedia it yet), but you get to see some interesting people profiled who aren't shy about telling you their story, which I like. And of course, there's the Cuban music that is the real focus of the thing. Ry Cooder, who produced the movie and the album that inspired it, said he felt when he played with this group of Cuban musicians that he'd been preparing for it his whole life, and I see why. The music is fantastically great.
Comments
2 Comments

2 comments :

  1. Hey Jennie, I started a new blog and thought you might want to know. Its yeshivaforum.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, should have mentioned, it's me btw.

    ReplyDelete