Friday, March 18, 2011

Really Really Ridiculously Good Coleslaw

Wait til you see how easy this is. You will need the following:

1 bag pre-chopped coleslaw mix or 1 head green cabbage
1-2 limes (depending on how much coleslaw you want to make)
honey

You can get pre-chopped coleslaw mix anywhere they sell lettuce. It looks like this:


If you want to buy a cabbage and chop it up, be my guest, but I know you don't. Anyway, just take as much chopped up cabbage as you want, squeeze lime over it, drizzle honey over it, then toss and eat. Yes, this is tasty. No, coleslaw does not need to be all heavy and disgusting.

As a hipster-in-denial, I am always trying to predict what will be trendy next year so I can like it this year. Right now I predict nursery rhymes because they made a Little Red Riding Hood movie which means fairy tales are trendy, and nursery rhymes sort of seem like the next step if you know what I mean. So here is a coleslaw-inspired nursery rhyme that I found for you. Remember I was into these in 2011.

I wonder if the Cabbage knows 
he is less lovely than the Rose;
or does he smile in smug content,
a source of noble nourishment?


Comments
2 Comments

2 comments :

  1. If you want a more creamy consistency to it, try adding some coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty tasty, and I love your poem!

    ReplyDelete