Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trailer Trash Casserole

Yes, this is as good as it sounds. I got the idea for the name from this diner called Shanghai Cowgirl where they have Trailer Trash Sushi, which is actually just a chicken burger with wasabi mayo.

Anyways, for Trailer Trash Casserole you will need the following:

3-4 cups dry egg noodles (eyeball it; depends on the size of your baking dish)
1 can tuna
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's makes it, but you knew that)
1/3 cup milk
2 handfuls crushed potato chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius.

Boil a pot of water, then cook the noodles according to package directions, drain them, and put them in a baking dish. The size of the baking dish doesn't really matter. You can just add more noodles if it seems too big.

Open the can of tuna and drain off the water, then add that to the baking dish, along with the soup, milk, and one handful of potato chips. Mix up, then sprinkle the rest of the potato chips on top.

Pop in the oven and bake until hot, about 30 minutes. This will keep in the fridge, so feel free to plan on having the whole thing yourself over the course of a week or something.

To those of you who think cooking is annoying or hard: pardon my French, but if you can't make this you're retarded.

Comments
4 Comments

4 comments :

  1. I don't live in a trailer but I'm still pretty white trash. Will that be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obv. I'm an overeducated hipster-in-denial and it was ok for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first moved out I think I had some kind of 'trailer trash' (although, really, I prefer the moniker 'retro chic') crisis and tried cooking all the things my Mom never made when I was growing up: tuna casserole, meatloaf, frank and beans, shepherd's pie with ground meat, and other campbell's soup based casserole dishes. I've never tried the potato chip topped variation though - good call on that one! I can however vouch for the frozen hash brown topping variation, yummm! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take-no-prisoners approach to getting people to cook!

    ReplyDelete